The local newspaper of my home city (Beaumont, Alberta) just published a story about my faith-based movie screenplay TRANSCEND. See the end of this post. It has a local tenor because, well, it is a community newspaper. It's apropos because I'm at heart a community man with my heart thoroughly ensconced in my community. My article was sandwiched between minor hockey news and a photo of a kindergarten class in their jammies on pajama day. Community newspapers: They seem to be fading away; victims of the internet.
As mentioned in the article, a few phases must occur before the TRANSCEND movie ever makes it to the big screen, little screen, or streaming service. The first phase is to develop a 'pitch' package to present to possible major investors. It involves such things as:
- Research related to the story,
- Having a Story Editor polish the existing script to meet industry standards.
- Identifying the Production Team and key Creatives (Producers, Production Manager, Director of Photography, and composer. The Creative Team will envision style and create a Treatment and Cinematic Approach.
- Make a complete Budget for the film.
- Make a Production Plan and Schedule.
- Do Market Research with respect to viewing trends and markets.
- Make a Financing Plan for the project.
- Create a compelling summary of the elements of the film in the form of an industry-standard graphically designed One Sheet.
- Identify and approach possible leading actors, and their bios, along with other actors.
- Pitch the Script to appropriate TV, Video On Demand, Subscribed Video, and Pay Per View buyers as well as Digital Media for Pre-Licensing the Project along with Distributors for Theatrical Distribution.
- Pitch the film, its Script, and Production Package to possible Equity Share Investors in the project.
Once financing is secured, production of TRANSCEND begins. But first, a complete and thorough investor proposal must be put together and that has an estimated cost of $55,000 ($40,650 USD).
If you are interested in partnering with Mighty Motion Pictures to underwrite part or all of the development phase, contact Drew Martin, President and Executive of Mighty Motion Pictures by email at email@example.com, Telephone: (780) 710-5017, or contribute to my crowdfunding site for the movie here: TRANSCEND MOVIE. Thank you.