I thought I would post the contents of that old overhead. Now, over 30 years later, spiritual confusion in rampant, precisely because North America (and Canada in particular) overthrew Christianity and the Judeo-Christian moral consensus that accompanied it. See below:
THE LAW OF NATURE
"Nowadays, when we talk of the ‘laws of nature’ we usually mean things like gravitation, or heredity, or the laws of chemistry. But when the older thinkers called the Law of Right and Wrong ‘the Law of Nature,’ they really meant the Law of Human Nature. The idea was that, just as all bodies are governed by the law of gravitation, and organisms by biological laws, so the creature called man also had his law–with this great difference, that a body could not choose whether it obeyed the law of gravitation or not, but a man could choose either to obey the Law of Human Nature or to disobey it."
(London, England, Geoffry Bless, 1961), pp.4-5.
- Divine law is revealed in nature (Psalm 19.2-3, Psalm 97.6, Romans 1.20)
- Divine Law is written in the conscience (Romans 2.15, 13.5)
- Divine Law is written on tablets of stone (Exodus 24.12, written by the hand of God - 31.18, cp. 32.15 & 16, 34.1, see ten commandments Exodus 34.28).
- Divine Law in the entire Scriptures (Romans 15.4, 1Corinthians 10.11, 2 Timothy 3.16,)
- Divine Law illustrated in Christ (John 1.14, 8.32, 18.37, Galations 4.4, cf. Isaiah 40.5)
- Divine Law written on the human heart (Hebrews 8.10, 10.16, Jeremiah 31.33, 2Corinthians 3.3,
- Divine Law to be shown to all people by Christians and their lives. (Matthew 22.35-40, John 13.34-35, 15.9-12, 1John 2.5, 3.11 & 23, cf. Matthew 25.34-40, 1 Thessalonians 3.12)
Post a Comment